- How to add and maintain external users in SAP Jam?
- I want to invite an external user to SAP Jam. How do I do this and then how can I disable them?
- You have an External group in SAP Jam that you want an external user to access.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
While internal/company users are maintained in BizX (or IAS if SAP Jam is not integrated with BizX), external users are not.
Inviting and managing external users in SAP Jam:
The External Users can get created in Jam in a number of ways ->
- Invite from External Groups-> This is most commonly used method. Users get email with link to Register their profile in SAP ID Service, this creates the external profile in Jam also.
- Synced from IAS (IAS based Jam)-> In instances using 'IAS managed extranet' feature, external user profiles can be synced from customer's IAS instance.
- Synced from SuccessFactors (SF based Jam)-> External users in Jam can also sync from SuccessFactors in different ways-
- If the Social Onboarding feature is enabled, Internal Users from SF can sync to Jam as External Users.
- External users in SF, from Onboarding and Learning module, can also sync to Jam as External Users with the right config in place.
External user managment:
You can view a list of current and invited external users, see their status as external users, and Disable, Block, or Enable their access individually.
- Go to the SAP Jam 'Admin' console and select 'Users' - 'External' from the left navigation sidebar to view general information on your SAP Jam service.
- In the External Users section, click the Show drop-down menu, and select the type of users that you want to view.
- The options are All, Active, Unaccepted Invites, Blocked External User, Disabled, External Company - All, External Company - Active, and External Company - Unaccepted Invites.
- Note that the drop-down menu options show the number of users of each type in parentheses.
The External Users catalog refreshes after a few seconds and displays the category of users that you selected.
To change a external user's access:
- To disable an "External" user, select the checkbox beside their Email entry and click Disable Users.
- To block an "External Companies" user, select the checkbox beside their Email entry and click Block Users.
- To enable an "Disabled" user, select the checkbox beside their Email entry and click Enable Users.
Please note that external users can only access certain areas of SAP Jam- the content within the groups to which they have been invited, their home page and user profile.The User types features access section of the SAP Jam Adminsitrator guide has a detailed table explaining what areas they can access.
jam external user,outsider,non-company,outside , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-EXT , External User Issues , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To