- When creating a business rule, the user is not able to view the Parent Object's data, in order to add Business Rule Logic when the Child Object is used as base object.
- The rule only has a scope of the child object's data and the parent data is not visible to be used.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
- Business Rule
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Business Rule using a child object of another object.
- Can not view Parent Object's data to use in Business Rule logic.
- This is an expected behavior, when the child object does not have the parent field visibility set to Read Only in the Configure Object Definitions screen.
- So when configuring a business rule with this child object, the scope is only within this object.
Go to Configure Object Definitions, select the child object, find the parent field, click on details, and then set Visibility to Read Only. Now when creating the business rule using the child object as the base object, the parent object can now be selected and expanded in order to use the Parent Object's data in the rule's logic.
Business Rule, Object Definitions, success factors, synchronization, job information sync, SF , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , DO NOT USE - Business Rules & Event Derivation , Problem