Fiscal months are not set up as expected for the Year YYYY. However, in the activity Other Fiscal Year, when you change it, you receive several error messages.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Configuration workcenter.
Go to the Overview view.
- Search for the activity Other Fiscal Year.
- Change the Start Date and End Date fields as expected.
- Click Save.
You observe the following error messages:
- 'Period MM fiscal year YYYY variant MC cannot be deleted/changed'.
- 'Valid-from date DD.MM.YYYY not before valid-to date DD.MM.YYYY'.
- 'MC: Fiscal year YYYY period MM has to begin when previous period ends'.
You cannot modify or delete a Fiscal Year Variant if there are already postings on it. These are accounting master data and cannot be modified after accounting postings.
Even if there is no posting for the months you want to change, it is not possible, if there is already at least one accounting posting for the same fiscal year.
This is an expected behavior. These are accounting master data and cannot be modified after accounting postings have been made for the year concerned.
Other Fiscal Year, Fiscal Year Variant, accounting postings, master data, , KBA , AP-FMD-SOB , Set of Books , Problem