Cannot update a Contact via Landing Page.
Error message is shown as "ID is not unique and can be shared; contact update not possible".
- SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud – SAP Marketing Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Enter Email Address in Landing Page and set Permission flags.
Submit the Landing Page.
Error is shown and no changes are made to a Contact. "ID is not unique and can be shared; contact update not possible"
The input data is not sufficient to identify a contact.
Here is the system behavior:
- The system first checks if the contact exists.
- If the contact doesn't exist, it creates a new contact with whatever it gets from the Landing Page.
- If the contact exists, the system checks the input data to search for the correct contact. If the input data is not sufficient to identify the contact, the error is raised.
- If there are several contacts with the same email address, the system cannot decide which contact should be chosen.
- This leads to the reported error.
Create a Landing Page with more input values so the system can find only one contact to update the changes.
Landing Page, Contact update not possible, Input , KBA , CEC-MKT-LPC , Content Studio: Landing Pages and Forms , CEC-MKT-DM-IC , Interaction Contact , Problem