A Profit Center configuration by Product Category was set up for sales, however it is not working.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to General Ledger Work Center.
- Select the Journal Entries view.
- Show all postings.
- Open the Journal Entry XXX for the Customer Invoice ABC.
- You can see that there is no Profit Center is appearing.
The Reporting Principle that it is being used is Function of Expense. In this case, the Income Statement is only based on Function of Expense.
To derive the Profit Center, it is necessary to use a Reporting Principle involving Profit Center Derivation. Example: Any other Reporting Principle apart from the Function of Expense.
To change the Reporting Principle, follow the steps follow:
Go to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Open the Implementation Project.
- Search and open the Activity Set of Books.
- Select the Set the Set of Books and press Edit.
- In the next screen go to the General Tab.
- Select the Reporting Principle of your choice in the respective field.
After change the same, if you have Customer Invoices that you would like to derive the correct Profit Center, you can reverse and repost the same. It will retrigger the creation of the Journal Entry and the Profit Center will be derived.
To reverse and repost the Customer Invoice please do the following:
- Go to General Ledger Work Center.
- Search for the respective Invoice.
- Select the row with the Invoice.
- Click Actions.
- Select the option Business Transaction.
- In the new screen press Reverse and Repost.
It will cancel the previous posting and repost it by deriving the Profit Center this time.
Profit Center, Customer Invoice, Journal Entry, Product Category, Configuration, Business Configuration, General Ledger. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To