You have created a REST web service in the SAP Cloud Application Studio. After checking in the UI, you can see the 'Check Connection' function in the Communciation Arrangement is failing. You now debug the execution of this service in the Cloud Application Studio and can see the error 500 Native SSL error is returned.
SAP Cloud Application Studio, SAP Business ByDesign, SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the Cloud Solution.
- Go to the Administrator (or Application and User Management) work centre.
- Go to the Communication Arrangement view and open the affected arrangement.
- Click on Edit - > On the Technical settings
- Enter Advanced Settings mode.
- Use the actions Check Connection and Check Service.
- Observe the error messages raised.
- Ping failed.
- Checking connection failed.
Now you must debug this scenario in the Cloud Application Studio by activating debugging and triggering the web service in the UI. You will then see the response variable with the 500 Native SSL error.
This issue is usually raised because of missing or insufficient authentication. You have not added the service's trusted certificate to the Cloud Solution.
You must download the certificate from the called HTTPS page and upload it in SAP Cloud Solution under the list of trustworthy certificates in the Application and User Management work centre.
REST, WS, Web Service, SSL, Error, 500, SDK , KBA , ssl , rest , AP-RC-BDS-WS , ByDesign Studio Web Services , How To