In migrated sales orders created using the Migration Tool, you notice that the Ship-From details are empty and not editable.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Select the Sales Order ABC created via the Migration Tool (ABC represents the ID of the sales order).
- Click the Edit button.
- In the new screen, click the View All button.
- Go to the Items tab, and select the relevant line item.
- Under the Details sub tab, you can see that the Ship-From is not determined and you are not able to edit the fields.
When creating a sales order with the migration tool, the system determines the ship-from based on the supply chain master data. But if these data are not maintained, the system is not be able to determine automatically the ship-from details hence the fields remain empty.
Also as it is a migrated sales order these fields are greyed out and not editable.
This is the normal system behaviour.
If you want to fill or edit the ship-from details on the sales order you can either:
- Maintain the supply chain management master data so the system can determine the ship-from details automatically. See the detailed steps to follow in the KBA: 2658715 - Mini Scenario for Supply Chain Management (SCM): Ship-From Site Determination in ATP
- Create the sales order manually in the system, so you can edit the ship-from details as you need.
Note: For migrated sales orders, the ship-from party is determined only when the sales order is released. When a sales order approval process is scoped in your system, the migrated sales order does not get released automatically. This is the expected system behaviour. Hence the ship-from gets determined only when you approve and manually release the sales order.
Help Center Document: "Ship-From Determination and Shipment Scheduling for Customer Demand"
ship from ; migration ; determination ; fulfillment ; greyed out ; réceptionnaire , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem