You are sending a report via e-mail however when the recipient opens it, the report opens with the default view and selection rather than the view and selection that it was sent with.
You may also notice that when generating the XML report from a work center (e.g. Supplier Base), the parameters &VIEW and &VARIANT are not populated in the XML code. This is why the standard selection and view are displayed for that report.
- SAP Business byDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
In order to reproduce this scenario, you can follow the steps below:
- Open any existing report e.g. Supplier Details under Supplier Base Work Center.
- The report would open using the default selection and view.
- Modify the selection adding different criteria, e.g. Supplier ID and save the selection as 'Selection ABC' for example.
- Add new fields to the report view, e.g. Supplier Address and save the view as 'View ABC' for example.
- Make sure that the new view and selection are not set as default.
- Once the report is generated, click the Share button and select the option Send E-mail and As E-mail link (Microsoft Excel in XML Format)
- Enter a user e-mail and click Send.
- Open your mail client and retrieve the e-mail. Right click the link to view the URL. As you can see, the URL has no values for &VIEW and &VARIANT.
This means that when you click the link after entering the logon credentials, the report will run using the default view and selection instead of the ones the report was using when it was shared via e-mail.
This is currently the expected behavior when the report is shared via e-mail if it was opened using another work center rather than the Business Analytics Work Center.
In order to populated the parameters &VIEW and &VARIANT when generating the XML report, this report should be opened and sent via e-mail from the Business Analytics Work Center when the custom view and selection are used.
For end user views and selections, you can make use of the Share View feature in the report.
Cloud for Customer; Business byDesign; Reports; Send via E-mail; How-To; &VIEW; &VARIANT; Analytics; C4C; ByD; XML; email , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To