- How to save data with the report?
- When opening a report, it does not contain any data.
- How to save a report with data in Crystal Reports, or in Crystal Reports for Enterprise?
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.3
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports for Enterprise, or in Crystal Reports, create a report of any data source.
- Refresh the report.
- Save and close the report.
- When opening the report again, notice the report does not contain any data.
- The 'Save Data With Report' option was not checked.
- To save a report with data in Crystal Reports, and in Crystal Reports for Enterprise, check the option "Save Data With Report"
- In Crystal Reports, or in Crystal Reports for Enterprise designer, refresh the report.
- Before saving the report, go under the menu "File", and ensure the option "Save Data With Report" is checked.
- Save the report.
When saving a report, it generates a file with the extension .rpt
The report file will contain the report design, as well as the data when the option "Save Data With Report" is checked.
crystal; CR4E; report; save; data; BI, CR for Enterprise, CRFE , KBA , BI-RA-CRE , Crystal Reports for Enterprise , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020