You get the error 'Please report an incident. Party instance is inconsistent.' when trying to add Competitors or Involved Parties to an object.
SAP Cloud for Customer / Sales
Reproducing the Issue
In our example, you want to add a Competitor to an Opportunity.
The same issue can happen for other Involved Parties/ Roles. The same issue can occur in other objects/ BOs.
Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Open any opportunity.
- Go to the Competitors facet.
- Click Add and select any competitor from the menu.
Result: Error 'Please report an incident. Party instance is inconsistent.'
You have not maintained the Party Role Competitor within the Opportunity Fine Tuning Activity in your Business Configuration.
Activate the Role in the Opportunity Fine Tuning Activity.
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Open the Opportunity Fine Tuning Activity (either via the Overview Page > Activities, or on the Implementation Projects view > Open Activity List > Fine Tuning Activity).
- Click the 'Maintain Involved Parties' link.
- Activate the role(s) as needed by checking the box in the Active column.
Help Portal > SAP Cloud for Customer User Stories
- Involved Parties FAQs
Competitors, Opportunity, Role, Party instance is inconsistent, Beteiligteninstanz ist inkonsistent, Involved Parties , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To