You are creating a custom data source or key figure and you are looking for specific characteristics. You have seen these characteristics in a report based on the same data source, however while creating your analytical object they are not listed.
SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
This is one example scenario where you might come across this behavior:
Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Key Figures.
- Click New.
- In step 1, enter a key figure name, a data source and select the type Restricted Key Figure.
- Select a key figure to restrict.
- Click Next.
- In step 2, click Add and open the value help to choose a characteristic.
The one you are looking for is not listed even though you have seen the field in a report based on the same data source.
You may come across the same issue when creating a custom data source for example.
The field you are looking for is a master data reference field. Most of these fields have the master data object in brackets after the field name. For example: Address (Account) indicates that this is the address coming from the account master data. Such fields are not part of the data source directly but were added to the report via the Add Fields button and drilling down into one of the master data objects.
Since they are not part of the data source, they will not be listed when you use this data source for creating custom objects.
You would need to make use of the data source which technically contains the field you are looking for. To find out the data source, please follow these steps:
Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Data Sources.
- Search for the data source you have used.
- In the Documentation column, click on the magnifying glass.
- This opens a new window with the data source documentation. Search for the object in brackets (in the example of Address (Account), search for account).
- Now check the entry in the column Master Data - Data Source.
- Copy the data source name listed here.
- Go back to the Design Data Source view and search for the master data data source.
- Click Preview.
The field you are looking for should be listed here. To make use of this field in your custom object, you have to use this data source.
business analytics, report, data source, key figure, missing characteristic, missing field, master data reference, add fields, drill down , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem