- How to create a Change Audit Report
- What reports are available?
- What are the modules supported by Change Audit Report
- Frequently Asked Questions about Change Audit Reports
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Creating Change Audit Reports
- The Change Audit Reports are divided in two types: Personal Data Reports and Configuration Data Reports
- Within in each type there are several options of reports to create
- The following SAP Help Portal Article provides guidance on creating each report, divided by types: Creating A Change Audit Report
What Reports are Available?
- The SAP Help Portal also provides the details regarding all the jobs and what each one covers: Types of Change Audit Reports
- In the section "Related Information" you will find a link for each report showing more specific details
Which Modules are Supported by Change Audit Report?
Please, take time to read what is support in each module: Important Notes about Change Audit for Personal Data
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to get a report on user status change? (active/inactive)
- In order to check when some user status was changed and who did the change, you need to use the User Change Report, inside the Create Business Data Report tab. This report will bring all the changes done in the UDF (User Directory File) fields, including the status. For further information on User Change report please see this link here.
- How to get a report on Provisioning Changes?
- To generate report on Provisioning Changes run the Feature Settings Audit see details on KB article 2771768 - Feature Settings Audit Report - How to Audit on Provisioning. This Audit report only audits on provisioning enabled /disabled features.
- Does the "Feature Change Audit Report" include changes on all features in Admin Center?
- The "Feature Audit Report" only captures changes on enable/disable Provisioning features, some of these provisioning features have been moved to Admin Center to enable from there - To confirm even if the feature is enabled or disabled from Admin center or provisioning it will be captured in the report - this report does not include all admin center changes.
- How long the system keep the audits reports in the system?
- Until the moment SuccessFactors does not have a structured policy about the retention of the audit reports in the change audit. So, the system is keeping the reports since the activation of the feature.
- Is it possible to have audit on proxy?
- It is not possible to have audit on, for example, who did proxy as determined user. Otherwise, it is possible to know when some change was performed by someone who proxied. For example, if some change in the user data was performed by User A, in the report it will be shown if it was performed really by User A or by someone who was proxying as User A.
- Is it possible to have audit on people who access determined feature or dashboards?
- The change audit feature is able to perform audit only on changes made in the system, that have generarated a record in the database. When some user simply access some feature, or dashboard, or tile, no record is generated in the database. This way, we don't have audit on this data.
- Is it possible to have audit on Manage Home Page changes?
- Currently, there is not any option to audit changes made on Manage Home Page feature.
- Does Change Audit Feature respect the RBP permissions to view certain data when showing the report?
- No. If the users have the necessary permissions to access, view and run change audit reports, they will be able to report on anything user-related on the system, and there will not be any restriction on the data shown in the reports.
- Some types of change audit data can take up to 72 hours to be made ready for reporting. Solutions impacted by this delay include: Compensation (except Rewards and Recognition), Performance and Goals (except Continuous Performance Management), Succession and Development (except Mentoring), Employee Profile, User Management, Proxy Management, and Role-Based Permissions. For these solutions, wait for three days after the desired date range before you run the audit report. Otherwise, recent changes may not appear or the report may be blank.
- Change audit data for other solutions are not impacted by this delay.
- Engineering team sets a maximum number of change records for an instance to accommodate the server workload and performance. If you select a date range that has data exceeding the max number in the system, the audit job will fail. As a workaround, please select a smaller date range
- KB article 2618848 - Enabling Change Audit Feature
- KB article 2790859 - Change Audit Log Report for Metadata Framework (MDF) Configuration and Data Changes.
- KB article 2789153 - Automatically schedule, view and access reports during the Generation of Change Audit Reports
- KB article 2771768 - Feature Settings Audit Report - How to Audit on Provisioning
SF, success factors, RPT, bizx, biz x, PLT, platform, proxy, active, inactive, provisioning changes, access, dashboards, dash boards, tiles, employee, user, status , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-AUDR , Request Audit Report (Not Change Audit) , How To