When clicking on the create tile for analyitcs, the following error is occuring:
Error in fetching SAC stories from API
"Connection to BOC system failed"
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1811
The issue is caused by failing to authenticate against the production Identity Provider, instead the SAC was configured with the wrong Identity Provider.
- Wrong Identity Provider
- To fix this issue, verify if SAC is connecting against the correct IDP i.e production IDP and not the QA IDP.
Note: When configuring SAC with IDP and it already has an IDP configured with, you need to revert back to SAP Default SAP, then you can go configure a new IDP, otherwise, even if the new metadata of the production IDP is uploaded, SAC still tries to authenticate against the old IDP.
- No Trusted Identity Provider is defined:
- Login to SAC
- Go to System
- Click on Administration
- Select App Integration
- Under Trusted Identity Providers make sure you have an OAuth clients defined, if not you need to define one, to define a Trusted Identity Providers, do the following:
- Click on Add a Trusted Identity Provider
- Fill up the screen as follows:
- Retest your fetching of SAC stories
Note: If there are no stories, this is because we only support stories that have models build on top of S/4HANA Queries and make sure the following KBA, 2710858 - Custom Analytical Queries are not visible in SAP Analytics Cloud, is followed
to make the queries visible in SAC in order to use these queries in order to build the stories in SAC and then be able to see them in S/4HANA Cloud.
- Under the Communication System for SAP_COM_0065, make sure OAuth 2.0 settings there are now spaces at the beginning of each entry for example
- Under Auth. Endpoint: Whatever the address is placed there, there should be no spaces at the beginning of the address
- Under Token Endpoint: Whatever the address is there, there should be no spaces at the beginning of the address
- Under the Communication System for SAP_COM_0065, make sure the Auth 2.0 Settings are matching with the SAC Token URL under the App Integration under OAuth Clients section under System/Administration
- Make sure the Authorization URL is matching with the Authorization URL under OAuth Clients under the App Integration in the section System/Administration
- Make sure the the Authentication Method is OAuth 2.0
- Make sure the Client ID under User Name / Certificate / Client ID matches the Client ID under the Configured Clients in the OAuth Clients under the section System/Administration in SAC
SAC IDP, S4HANA Cloud Create tile for analytics cloud , KBA , CA-GTF-VDM-BOC , BOC Story List , Problem