- An SSL handshake error happens when trying to connect to Plateau Report Designer.
- Error:org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, java.sql.SQLException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
- Connection is possible using a different computer
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Plateau Report Designer
- Navigate to File > New > New Report
- Data Menu > New Data Source
- After selecting the "JDBC Data Source", fillout the needed information
- Test Connection
- Error comes up
This error is caused the network or computer settings that are preventing the connection to PRD.
|The below steps represents a possible solution for the error. If you continue to receive the error after following these steps, please contact the IT department from your company for assistance as the network and computer settings will need to be reviewed to identify what is causng the error.|
The PlateauReportDesigner.ini file will need to be modified. This file can be located in the root directory of PRD (e.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlateauReportDesigner).
Firstly, open the file with a text editing program (Textpad, Notepad, Notepad++). By default, you should see the following lines:
If configured to connect the PRD to the database through a proxy, there may also be the additional lines:
-Dhttp.proxySet=true<===Required - keep at http regardless if http or https is being used
-Dhttp.proxyHost=[value of proxy host]<==If using http
-Dhttp.proxyPort=[value of proxy port]<==If using http
-Dhttps.proxyHost=[value of proxy host]<==If using https
-Dhttps.proxyPort=[value of proxy port]<==If using https
The following line is a user id/password combo that is also required to access the internet via the Proxy.
The final file should look like this:
In regards to the handshake error, add the following:
It can be inputted directly below the properties for "-Dhttp.proxySet", "-Dhttps.proxyHost", and "-Dhttps.proxyPort"
Save the file.
error connecting to PRD, handshake_failure, plateau, report, designer, learning, lms, sf , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , Problem