- In the Mandatory Account Assignments Fine tune task you define that for postings to G/L Account ABC a Cost Center is to be defined (ABC represents the G/L Account ID).
- You notice that transactions for bank charges from a Bank Statement got posted without any cost center assignment.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Liquidity Management work center and navigate to the Bank Statements view.
Select the statement in question.
Navigate to the Transactions tab.
Identify the transaction using the payment method Bank Charge.
- In the Post-Processing column lick on the Not required link to access the Payment Allocation.
In the Payment Allocation the bank charges are maintained in the Bank Charges and Interest tab.
Via the Document flow of the Payment Allocation access the transaction's journal entry.
The bank charges are posted to correct GL account; However, no cost center has been assigned to the line items.
Bank charges are always posted to the miscellaneous ledger. Here, no cost center derivation takes place.
The settings maintained in the Mandatory Account Assignments are used when a business user directly assigns the respective G/L account in a business transaction.
- A Supplier Invoice item is assigned to G/L account ABC in the Cost Assignment tab.
- For the invoice to be posted a Cost Center must be assigned as well. Otherwise an error message will appear.
But when using the bank charges payment method this process is not triggered as bank charges are always posted to the miscellaneous ledger. Here, a specific G/L account cannot be selected.
bank charges posted without cost center , KBA , cost center missing in bank fees , cost center missing in bank charges , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem