There are a restricted number of Accounts visible while adding an Account via the Relationship tab of a Contact, even though you have unrestricted Read and Write Access to the Accounts BO.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Contacts view.
- Open the Contact ABC (ABC represents the Contact ID).
- Go to the Relationships tab.
- Select the Add button.
- In the Relationship Type field, Is Contact Person For.
- Now select the Business Partner OVS.
- There are multiple Accounts missing even though you have unrestricted Read and Write Access to Accounts.
This issue arises only if the Accounts work center view and Contacts work center view are restricted differently for a user. For example the User has access to Sales Data in Account but not for Contact. Contact is restricted with the Access Context 1015 - Employee, Territory, Account, Sales Data.
Our development team do not plan on changing this behaviour.
However, there are two possible work arounds here:
- Change the restrictions of your users to ensure the user has the same settings for Accounts and Contacts work center view.
- Maintain the Relationship between the Account and Contact via the Contacts tab of the Accounts ID.
KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , Problem