You notice that the Outlook Add-in disappeared from the menu bar and it was moved to ‘Inactive Applications Add-ins’ or ‘Disabled Applications Add-ins’.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
As the Add-in takes a while to load, the Outlook may inactivate it to accelerate the loading.
*** WARNING ***: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. Refer to KBA 1323322 for more information.
Microsoft has suggested detailed steps below in their blog Outlook’s slow add-ins resiliency logic and how to always enable slow add-ins:
- Press WIN KEY + R.
- Type regedit.
- Add a dword entry called ADDIN_NAME with a value data of 1 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\AddinList
- Set the LoadBehavior (US English spelling!) dword value to 3 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ADDIN_NAME
- Delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DisabledItems key
- Re-create the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DisabledItems key
- Delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\CrashingAddinList key
- Re-create the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\CrashingAddinList key
- Add a dword entry called ADDIN_NAME with a value of 1 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\DoNotDisableAddinList
- Add a dword entry called ADDIN_NAME\dtype with a value of 0 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\NotificationReminderAddinData
- Add a dword entry called ADDIN_NAME with a value of 967a844d hexadecimal or 2524611661 decimal under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Resiliency\NotificationReminderAddinData
• ADDIN_NAME is the name of the add-in - SAPBusinessByDesignOutlookAddIn
• 1x.0 is the office version, for example 15.0 for Office 2013 and 16.0 for Office 2016
- Why does the aforementioned configuration is not made during the add-in installation by default?
Answer: Unfortunately it is out of SAP addin installation scope. SAP cannot make changes to Microsoft registry keys in add-in start-up installation. You should be able to configure it during MSI deployment.
- If you made this configuration and then for some reason had to reinstall the add-in, will this configuration persist or they will be overwritten by the new installation?
Answer: As per our test, registry keys are persisted after installation of new add-in.
Add-in; Outlook; Registry Key; Loading; Inactivate; Inactive Applications Add-ins; Disabled Applications Add-ins; , KBA , outtlook , enable , visible , add-in , LOD-CRM-GW-OUT , Outlook , How To