- Users get an error message: Unknown response status: Field with ID [*] label [*] is required. Please provide a value..
- Users have an existing record on the same portlet with no value on the required field.
- Behavior is not consistent for everyone. Another employee with an existing record might not get an error.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SuccessFactors People Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- On a portlet with an existing record AND a required field with no value, add a new entry. For example, your Formal Education portlet has an existing record of your first school with a required field of School Type but with no value.;
- If you attempt to add a second record and save, you will get an error message: Unknown response status: Field with ID * label * is required. Please provide a value..
- The existing data was added when the field was not yet "required". In the sample above, TEST 1 was added when School Type was not yet required.
- School Type was then changed as "required" after TEST 1 was added so if you attempt to add a new entry, even if you put a value under School Type, since the previous data has no value in the required field, the system will throw an error message.
- However, please note that this might not be the same behavior with other employees. If an employee has their previous records deleted, the same behavior is observed. However, if there were no changes in their original records, no error is thrown. This is because of the value of the records in the database called orderPos. Whenever a record is added in the profile of the employee, its orderPos value increments by one. However, when a record is deleted, said record retains its orderPos value. So the first record displayed in the profile does not necessarily mean its orderPos value is 1.
- When a record is added and saved, the system checks all displayed records in the profile and tries to sort it based on their orderPos value. If it finds that the first record has an orderPos value of 2, it attempts to save all records in the portlet and an error is thrown due to the required field.
- If there are no changes to the original records of an employee, the system will not make any change to them since their orderPos value are still in order.
- Make sure that all required fields in all records are filled out.
- Unknown response status
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions