When extracting a standard Data Source from SAP to another system using OData service, some fields have the "Name in Odata Service" id duplicated, causing incompatibility to extract the information properly to external system.
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work center.
- Go to Design Data Sources view.
- Find Data Source ABC (ABC represents the data source name).
- Click on the Data Source documentation icon.
- In Data Source documentation icon, click in Integration Information.
- See the values in column "Name in Odata Service" for fields.
- Some IDs look duplicated, as in below example.
a) 'FieldABC' ('FieldABC' represents the field name)
- Field ID: ABC_ID
- Name in BW Extraction: ABC_ID
- Name in OData Service: Abc_odataid
b) 'FieldABCDE' ('FieldABCDE' represents the field name)
- Field ID: ABC_DE_ID
- Name in BW Extraction: ABC_DE_ID
- Name in OData Service: Abc_odatAid
Note that "Name in OData Service" info are the same for both fields above, except a single letter which is lower case in field A, and UPPER case in field B.
The Name in Odata Service id of the fields are set according to the OData standards. Therefore, any specific changes in the format would be an incompatible change to the OData standards, and would also affect all other customers that already consume the data as per the standards.
In case of incompatibility with any external system, this needs to be adapted by the consumer system.
OData; Name in OData Service; OData field id; wrong id in OData; incorrect field id; BW extraction; Technical Field; , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To