The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When more than 11 restricted or calculated measures are added to an input form, the order of Measures becomes very unstable and one of newly created measure is sorted without any logic to the middle position of all columns.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.1.1+
Reproducing the Issue
- Create multiple calculation on the form
- After large number of them (>10) the default order becomes unstable.
This has been a long standing limitation in the product for acquired/imported data models.
Depending on the maximum number of calculation members setting for an SAC tenant, the number of calculations in a Table, and the order they were created in, it is quite predictable how many calculations will be out of order and which calculations they would be. With default settings calculations will start appearing out of order on the 13th calculation.
Update: As of SAP Analytics Cloud 2020, it is now possible to sort members within a Table using a "Custom Order". Please see the guide below for more information;
Sorting Measures and Dimensions - https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/86fe68c5004d4a63b42db9f490c59b75.html
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Product Enhancement