- Error 'Variant is missing for multi-instance job definition' appears when trying to save a Communication Arrangement
- Unable to maintain communication arrangement
- The communication test of the outbound service has failed
- Communication Systems and Arrangement
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
1. Open App "Communication Arrangement"
2. Select a Scenario ID , for example SAP_COM_0009
3. Press Edit Button
4. Activate Outbound Replicate Product from S/4 System to Client .
5. Under "Job Execution Details" maintain a value in the field "Run Every" , for example 05
6. Select a Frequency in the drop down menu ( Day(s) , Hour(s) , Minute(s) )
7.Under Additional Properties , maintain values for Replication Model , Replication Mode and System Filter
8.For the field "Output Mode" , Select Entry ( D ) - Direct Output
Works as Designed.
The job should be scheduled only with Pooled mode(P)
If you want to create a job using P mode. Enter the date and time details only in this case
If you choose direct mode(D), it doesnt make sense to create a job as the replication will happen instantly.
Date and time details for the job should not be populated.
"SOAP Web service" , replicate "Business Partner" "S/4 System" "external system" , SAP_COM_0114 , APS_COM_CA2_SRV , KBA , BC-SRV-APS-COM , Maintain Communication System and Arrangement , LO-MD-MM , Material Master , CA-GTF-EI , S/4HANA Extensibility and Integration , Problem