Error message "The user does not have permission to access the requested resource." appears when creating Import Data Connection to OData Services from SAP S/4HANA in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC.
- Create an Import Data Connection using OData Services to On-Premise S/4HANA system.
=> Please ensure that all prerequisites have been completed.
- Choose Connect to an On-Premise OData service option.
- Enter Data Service URL as "https://<S/4HANA SERVER:PORT>".
- Provide the authentication details based on the Authentication Type you selected.
- Click OK button.
=> Error message "The user does not have permission to access the requested resource." appears.
=> You can also find the following error message from Network trace in Chrome Developer Tools.
"Forbidden Access denied to resource /$metadata on system <S/4HANA SERVER:PORT>. In case this was a valid request, ensure to expose the resource correctly in your cloud connector."
The Import Data Connection to OData Services, it is required to create individual connections to all of the individual services exposed for CDS view in SAP S/4HANA.
- You can create an Import Data Connection to SAP S/4HANA which needs to enter URL as "https://<S/4HANA SERVER:PORT>" only.
- This allows you to connect to services in the discovery service without having to create connections to all of the individual services.
- 2628688 - OData service connection in SAP Analytics Cloud ***Master KBA***
- 2590508 - Import or Export Data from/to SAP S/4HANA to/from SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, import, S/4HANA, S4HANA, S4, OData, services, URL,The user does not have permission to access the requested resource,S4HANA, S/4 HANA, Import Data Connection, OData Services , On-Premise S/4HANA,user does not have permission , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , Problem