The user is able to create visits maintaining the start date/time in the past.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Visits work center.
- Go to the Visits work view.
- Click on New button.
- Fulfill the Start Date/Time before the day of visit creation.
- Fulfill the End Date/Time before the day of visit creation.
- Fulfill the mandatory fields.
Results: The visit should be saved even the Start and End Date/Time has been configured in the past.
This is the current system behavior.
As a workaround, the user may create a workflow rule to set the status of the visit created in the past to canceled.
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Workflow Rules work view.
- Click on New.
- Under Enter Basic Data tab, fill the Description field as desired, select Visit for Business Object field and On Every Save for Timing field.
- Under Define Conditions tab, Click on Add Group and select Start Date Time for Field option, Less than for Compare Operator, choose Field for With and Created On.
- Again, Click on Add Group and select Start Date Time for Field option, Less than for Compare Operator, choose Field for With and Created On Date Time.
- Under Define Actions tab, select Action for Rule Type and choose Cancel for Select Action field.
Then, after the visit is defined with a Start Date/Time in the past, the workflow should be triggered and the status is changed to Canceled.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of SAP Application Development site , choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea.
SAP Admin Guide - Configuring Visits and Routes
Visit, Start Date/Time. , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT-VST , Visit Planning , How To