You have configured a non-English regional settings and logon language. However, the date fields placeholder dd.MM.yyyy continues in English.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in with a non-English language (I'll use German as example).
- Go to Activities work center, Tasks view.
- Click to create a new task.
- Erase any date field on Task Quick Create and see that the date format is dd.mm.yyyy and not TT.MM.JJJJ, which is maintained under user's settings.
The expected format is presented via technical term (Date format string), which is not a translatable text. This is accordingly with Unicode Common Locale Data Repository.
This is the standard behavior of the system.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of SAP Application Development site , choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea.
date field; Fiori ; translation; date format , KBA , AP-RC-MOB-UIF , Responsive UI , LOD-CRM-ACT-ROT , Activity Routing , How To