Your requirement is to create a Material Flow for Locations using migration tool of Migration of Location and Logistics Area. After you successfully completed the migration process, the Material Flow was not created.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Perform migration using the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Location and Logistics Area
- Select Migrate Location and Logistics Area using the migration tool
- Select You Can Also at the top right corner of the screen and Download Migration Template
- Fill the required and the mandatory fields in the migration file
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records
- Migration is successful
To check if Material Flow is uploaded
- Go to Supply Chain Design Master Data workcenter
- Go to Locations view
- Search for the Locations which were part of the migration file that was imported
- Select Edit
- Go to Material Flow tab
- The data is not uploaded to the Source and Destination rules
SAP Business ByDesign supports only create new records scenarios during Migration of Location and Logistics Area. Therefore, you can create new instance of Storage Location and/or Logistics Area along with Material Flow Rules, Allowed Products and Descriptions. When you enable Logistics relevance of a Site, system will create a Supply Planning Area for that Site. Only then, you can perform all Logistics relevant activities under this Site.
Enabling Logistics relevance will not create any Location by default. However, it will enable the user to create Locations under this Site.
In your case, you enabled the Site as Storage Location. The Site will also act as a Storage Location, which means you can directly create the Logistics Area Layout for this Site. Hence, during migration process, system will check the existence of Location. Since Location is already existing, system considers this as Update scenario and will not migrate the data leading to failure in migration of Material Flow. This is the expected behavior.
- You must maintain the Material Flow rules manually at the Storage Location.
- As an alternative approach you can model the Logistics Layout with different Storage Locations under a Site. In such cases, you can create the Location(s) directly from the Migration template with the relevant Material Flow.
- Storage Location need not be a physical Location always.
- Storage Locations can also be a logical grouping under a Site, which would help in running the Logistics process efficiently by maintaining the right hierarchy and Material Flows.
create a Material Flow for Locations using migration tool of Migration of Location and Logistics Area, Allowed Products and Descriptions. When you enable Logistics relevance of a Site, system will create a Supply Planning Area for that Site. Since Location is already existing, system considers this as Update scenario and will not migrate the data leading to failure in migration of Material Flow. , KBA , material flow is not created , migration of location and logistics area , AP-LDM-LOC , Location , Problem