You are trying to create a Project Stock Order from the Product Overview view of the Project Management work center. And when you select the Item Type "Pick-Up" in the Project Stock Order, you are getting the error message: "Moveable Logistics Area for location LOC missing" (LOC represents the Location).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Find and select the relevant Project ID.
- Click the Edit button and select Products to open the Product Overview.
- Select the relevant Product ID.
- Click the button Create Project Stock Order.
- Select the Location: LOC.
- Select the Item Type: "Pick-Up".
- The system returns the error: "Moveable Logistics Area for location LOC missing".
You have not maintained a Logistics Area with Logistics Usage "Movable Storage" under the Location LOC, therefore the system is throwing up the error message when you select Item Type: "Pick-Up".
Note: The Movable Logistics Area is used in Service Order Engineer Pick-Up scenario to show that the goods are not in the warehouse but somewhere on a truck/van. It is not possible to say exactly on which truck/van the products are stored. This is the expected system behavior.
You have to create a Logistics Area with the Logistics Usage "Movable Storage" to resolve the issue. Please follow the below steps:
- Go to the Supply Chain Design Master Data work center.
- Select the Locations view.
- Select the Storage Location ID: LOC and choose the Edit Layout button.
- In the Location Layout screen, select the Location under which you want to create the Logistics Area.
- Click the Add Child Logistics Area button.
- Enter the Logistics Area ID as per your requirement and make it as Inventory Managed.
- Enter all other necessary details and at the bottom select the Logistics Use as "Movable Storage".
- Choose Save button.
Note: You also have to ensure that you have a Logistics Model with same Logistics Usage.
Inventory, Service, Inventory , KBA , AP-LDM-LOC , Location , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To