The Tax Code is not automatically determined by the system in a Down Payment Requests and the following error message is displayed: The determination of tax code failed because tax rate is missing. Either select one manually or an error occurred in business configuration: APBCT_COMMON 607. Report an incident.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center
- In the Common Tasks select the New Down Payment Request option
- Enter the Company and Supplier of country China
- The following error message is displayed: Tax code missing
For down payment requests no real products are used and therefore no product tax classification is available which can be used for the determination of the tax rate type to be used in tax calculation.
The tax rate type can be also determined by other special tax scenarios such as exemption but if such one is not applicable for a document, it can happen that no tax rate type and also no tax code can be determined by the system.
Therefore, for each country a default down payment tax code (one for Supplier Relationship Management, one for Customer Relationship Management) is configured in an internal tax table which helps in the determination of the tax code to be used in a down payment scenario. Usually these are a standard tax code for domestic sales / purchase. But these default down payment tax codes will only be used if no tax rate type can be determined and the determined tax attributes such as e.g. tax event also fit to these default tax codes for this scenario.
Since such default down payment tax code validity is expired you get the error.
Follow below steps to extend the validity of the tax code:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Overview
- Search for Activity: Tax on Goods and Services
- Select Change Immediately
- Select Define Tax Codes
- Filter for Country=China
- Here we can see Tax Code 12 = Exempted domestic purchase of products, down payment
- We can see that the Valid to Date is expired
- Update the Valid to Date
- You save your changes in Business Configuration
- Go back to the Down Payment Request and create a new
Tax code missing,Tax Code Determination,Downpayment request , KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , Problem