You have created a view and selection and saved the selection as default for that view. Then you share the view with another user, however when this user saves the view, the default selection is not considered and is reverted to the initial selection.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Analysis work center, view Reports.
- Open the required report and set up the view and selection as required.
- Click on More Actions > Save > Save As.
- Enter the view and selection names and set the selection as Current View Default.
- Click on More Actions > Share View.
- Select the user from the list and click on Share.
The recipient cannot save the selection once he received the corresponding e-mail. It is defaulted to Initial.
This is the correct behaviour. The Share View feature only shares the view, not the selection.
Selections cannot be shared as of now. You can register this as a new required on the Influence forum.
As a workaround, you can send your view and selection as an e-mail attachment (XML or XLSX, not as an e-mail link).
share view, shared view, report, analytics, report view, report selection, default, email, e-mail, report attachment , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To