When you choose a future date from Date Options, some of the fields which are referenced from other objects like Division/Department will display blank (though employee has future dated records in EC). Only Internal ID field will hold value.
This holds true for any object which has fields refrenced with MDF/FO/Picklists.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Build an Advanced Reporting query.
- Fetch Division/Department(Label or external code) from Global Job Information.
- Set Date Options to 'As of Date' and choose a Future date.
- Check Results.
- Division/Department fields will be blank. Only the Internal ID field corresponding to Division/Department will have data.
The reason why no data shows up is because the fields Division/Department/BU(Label and external code) of Job Information object are auto join fields. And Auto joins only show current date values.
For example in Global Job Info: the Business Unit field is local, but associated fields such as Business Unit (External Code) and Business Unit (Label) are drawn from the related object (the foundation Business Unit object in this example). These associated fields (known as “auto joined”) are always current dated.
1. Identify if a field is an Auto Join field or not by following one of the below two methods.
- See if the field is fetching data from another object/picklist.
- These fields generally come with Field Name, Field Name(External Code), Field Name(Label).
2. In order to fetch future dated values, you need to join the table with its respective MDF/FO/Picklist specific object. (As per our assumption in this KBA, Global Job Information needs to be joined with Divison/Department object)
ODS, Advanced Reporting, blank fields, future dated , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem