An Application error is thrown when trying to access "Go to Benefits" for a user.
SuccessFactors Employee Central: Global Benefits
Reproducing the Issue
Search for the affected employee and load his/her People Profile.
- Scroll down to Benefits section.
- Click on "Go to Benefits" to get the error message.
Incorrect/incomplete data in existing records.
The incorrect/incomplete data can be found and corrected in 2 ways.
Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Data > Benefit Enrollment.
- Search for the affected user's enrollment records and don't forget to include inactives during the search.
- Check each of the records and see if all necessary information, for example "Insurance Coverage" for a benefit of type Insurance is maintained or not.
- Correct the data.
- Navigate to Admin Center > Import and Export Data.
- Export Data for Benefit Enrollment by including inactives and dependencies.
- Download the result as a zip file from Monitor Job.
- Open enrollment related records and see if any mandatory field is missing for any record. For example, open the file "Benefit Enrollment-Insurance Plan Enrollment Details.csv" > Enable filtering for the columns > Filter the "Blanks" in the column "benefitInsurancePlanEnrollmentDetails.coverage.coverageId". The filtered rows are records without Insurance Coverage which is mandatory for every insurance. Correct the data in UI or through import.
Insurance Coverage 97f14bfe72dced877bea3200f626232dadf90e53 getCoverageName BenefitInsurancePlanEnrollmentDetails Go to Benefits , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-GBF , Global Benefits , Problem