You finished your run for Extraction of Financial Data and notice that the language in the file you downloaded is not the one you were expecting.
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger Work center.
- Click on Extraction Run for Financial Data.
- Select the line for Run XXX(XXX represents the ID of the run).
- Click on Download and open the file.
Result: The language is not the one expected. For instance you were expecting the English language but it is in German.
It will download in the language of the user who executed the run. In our example, this Extraction of Financial Data run was executed by a user whose language was German and no matter who downloads this particular export now, it will come in German.
You need to change the language assigned to the Business User so it matches the language you want and after that, create a new run.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the User and Access Management view.
- Go to the Business Users subview.
- Find the relevant Business User ID.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Select the Attributes option.
- Under Language box display the drop-down menu.
- Select the desired language.
- Click on the Save button.
Result: Now you can start a new Extraction Run and download the file in the originally desired language.
Extraction file , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem