You are downloading a report to CSV and when oppening it on Excel you have noticed some few lines are empty.
- Excel Add-in on Business ByDesign
- Excel Add-in on Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center and open any report.
- After running this report, select the option Download CSV File.
- Open the CSV file and check the lines, some are empty.
This issue happens due the " symbol which is present in the data. Remember that these symbols are used in coding and also to create data sources. However, we considered this behavior a temporary limitation that development already addressed to be corrected in future releases.
Alternatively you can use ' symbol or twice the ' symbol for double quotation. It would avoid the error of empty lines.
Excel empty lines, excell missing lines, , KBA , AP-RC-ANA-UI-XLS , C4C, ByD, Travel: Excel AddIn , Problem