- You may see authorization errors while using different apps in S/4HANA Cloud
- Example "No authorization for maintaining sales documents in <Sales Organization ID>"
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Business Role to give access to some app, using Maintain Business Roles
- Add restrictions to the role, by clicking Maintain Restrictions
- Update one of the restriction areas to have a value, like setting the Company Code value that the user will have access to
- Now access the app that the role is providing access to
- You may see errors even when viewing or creating items for the Company Code you have access to
- By default the restriction areas that had no value maintained are set to "No Access"
- Even though you have provided access to the correct Company Code, some other authorization is blocking access
If you do not want other restriction areas to block access, changing the blank entries to "Unrestricted Access" will stop those restriction areas from having an impact:
- Create a new role from template
- Click on Maintain Restrictions
- Change one of the dropdowns to "Restricted" for Write, Read, or Value Help
- Now at the top of the "Restricted" section, there is a checkbox that says "Restriction Area and Values"
- Select that checkbox, which will now select all restrictions that are available for that section
- [Optional] If you already have restrictions set for a role, then you can still select all of the restrictions in step 5, and just de-select all of the values that you have already set (like Company Code in this example)
- At the top of the section click "Unrestricted Access" which will now set all selected values to "Unrestricted"
- At this point you have now changed the default behaviour of the restrictions to be unrestricted unless otherwise stated.
- You can now set specific options like Company Code to be restricted
KBA , BC-SRV-APS-IAM , Identity and Access Management , Problem