You want to create a new Bank Debit Advice but when selecting the Payment Method, none is available.
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management Work Center.
- Click on New Bank Payment Advice under Common Tasks View.
- Select a Company.
- Choose Advice Type: Bank Debit Advice.
- Tick the box for Posting Advice.
- Now select a Payment Method.
Result: The message No items found appears.
It is due to the scoping question regarding direct debit not being scoped. The system is therefore not able to fetch the Payment Method as Direct Debit in case of Bank Debit advice.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Select Implementation Projects.
- Click on Edit Project Scope.
- Click on Next until you reach 4 Questions.
- Now Select the Scoping Element Cash Flow Management, Payment and Liquidity Management, Payment Methods.
- Tick the box related to the question Do you want to use direct debit to receive payments from your customers?
- Now click on Finish to validate the change.
Bank Debit Advice, Scoping , KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , Problem