When deploying an application and assign it to various catalogs but the user can only see it if they have logged in to Hana with the user that is used for the communication of SCP-S4HC.How can we make visible the application to all user with the catalog assigned?
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1808
Reproducing the Issue
- User added a custom app to the homepage
- Tile gets shown correctly with EN language, but with other language it has not texts and is plain white
- Tile still functions correctly besides the texts
When using app "custom catalog extensions" to create tiles for "custom UI apps", the tile texts are only maintained for the original language. Hence, when logging in a different language,
the tile is shown blank and cannot be found by the apps finder.
Assuming the Factoring tile from a Custom UI developed in Web IDE
- Configuration of tile data for Custom UIs can be done in SAP Web IDE. This is described in this tutorial, in step 9: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-custom-ui-tile.html
- For the translation of the appTitle check this documentation: https://help.sap.com/doc/saphelp_uiaddon20/2.05/en-US/8f/93bf2b2b13402e9f035128ce8b495f/content.htm?no_cache=true
In manifest.json the appTitle is referenced by default:
It can be translated then in the i18n files:
appTitle=My App Title
appDescription=My App Description
- For key-user-like translation of Custom UIs that can be achieved by non-UI-developers, please have a look at SAP Translation Hub.
- For tiles created via the custom tiles app, translation and tile configuration should be possible via the described Extensibility app.
KBA , BC-SRV-APS-EXT-WDE , BAS & Web IDE Integration with S/4HANA Cloud for CBOs , Problem