When a workflow rule that has different language subjects/templates maintained triggers an e-mail, the language that is being determined is basis of Recipients' language setting.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator Work Center.
- Navigate to the Workflow Rules View.
- Click New to create an E-Mail Workflow Rule.
- For the Subject field of the email, choose the All Languages icon beside the Subject field. Here, you have the option to maintain different languages for the subject and the templetes.
- Add more than one language.
- Finish and activate the workflow rule as per your needs.
Language for workflow rule is determined as below sequence:
- If recipient has a user in system, the language would be first read from identity. To check this: Login with Recipient User ID. Go to Personalize->My Settings->Language.
- If recipient is not a user in system, system's next step would be reading from Business Partner. To check this: Go to Customers -> Accounts/Individual Customer ( Based on recipient is an Individual customer or it is associated with an Account ) -> Language
- If language is not determined from Business Partner, template language in received email should be according to the Language marked as "default" in workflow rule.
workflow rule, language, subject, template , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To