You have created a PDI solution which extends a few fields to data sources. You move this solution to your production tenant, but even though the solution is implemented and activated successfully, you see that the extension fields are missing in the data sources.
Other scenarios are possible; they have in common that analytical content which you created in your PDI solution is not successfully transferred to the target system.
SAP Cloud for Customer, Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Business ByDesign, Cloud Application Studio
Reproducing the Issue
The following steps are one example of how you would notice the issue. After activating your solution in the target system:
Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Data Sources.
- Search for the data source you have extended with a few PDI fields.
- Click on Preview.
Going through the list of characteristics and key figures, you notice that your PDI fields are not there.
The user who uploaded and activated the solution does not have the Business Analytics work center assigned.
Please assign this work center to the user who performs such actions in your system:
In C4C: Go to the Administrator work center. In ByDesign: Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Open the view Business Users.
- Search for the respective user and click on Edit > Access Rights.
- Go to the Work Center and View Assignment tab.
- Assign the work center Business Analytics to this user and save.
- In your source system, make some dummy changes on the analytical extension fields. Without the dummy change, the system will recognize that this content is the same as the previous version and it will not be refreshed in the target system.
- Upload a new version of the solution to your target system.
PDI, Studio, Extension Field, Analytical Extension missing, data source, report, analytics , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , AP-RC-BDS , ByDesign Studio , How To