Your requirement is to migrate the Registered Products using the migration tool. During the Simulation, you receive the below error:
Error detected in source record with key value XXXXX
Serial ID XXXXX already exists
*XXXXX represents the Serial ID in Registered Product
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
To upload Registered Products using the migration tool:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view or Overview.
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Registered Products.
- Choose Migrate registered products using the migration tool.
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with migration mode Add new records.
- You receive the mentioned error message during the Simulation step.
To check if the Serial ID exists in system:
- Go to the Products work center.
- Go to the Registered Products view
- Show All.
- Search for Serial ID.
- No records found.
A Registered Product is a combination of the below two Business Objects, where /IBASE/INSTALL_POINT is the leading Business Object:
There is one instance Serial ID = exists in PDM_INDIVIDUAL_PRODUCT, and it is not associated with /IBASE/INSTALL_POINT. This is the reason it is not searchable in UI.
Creation of only PDM_INDIVIDUAL_PRODUCT instance is not possible from any standard way (UI, Web Service, Migration, Data Workbench). You may check if any custom web service was used in the system to create PDM_INDIVIDUAL_PRODUCT. Further, check if the custom web service was used to create a standalone PDM_INDIVIDUAL_PRODUCT object.
The Registered Product Migration workbench is based on A2X webservice. Since the behavior of the service is asynchronous, either all records will go through during migration or, if there is any error in at least one record, all records will be unprocessed.
Migration of Registered Products, PDM_INDIVIDUAL_PRODUCT, Registered Products, Serial ID, /IBASE/INSTALL_POINT , KBA , LOD-LE-MIG-CNT , LEAP Migration Content , Problem