You are using a report and notice that for some fields, the label is either missing or in the wrong language. Alternatively, the content of that field (for example if it is a codelist field) is not showing the correct description, but the ID.
For example, you log on in German but some report fields show English labels or no labels at all, either in the report view or selection.
SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the work center that your report is assigned to.
- Go to the report list and open your report.
You will notice wrong / missing labels for some fields. This can happen in the view or in the selection area.
The fields are extension fields and no translation was maintained.
If the field was created in the system (key user tool extension field), please maintain the translation as follows:
- Go to the work center view and screen where this field was created.
- Click Adapt and enter the adaptation mode (in C4C: Edit Master Layout).
- Mark and edit the field. In C4C, this is done by clicking Field Definition. In ByDesign, please click Further Usage.
- In the general tab, you will see a table where you can enter labels and descriptions for different languages. Make sure that there is a label in every language used in the system, and also that the values for that field are maintained for each relevant language.
If the field was created via PDI, the translation has to be maintained in the Studio. For details, please open the help center in the Studio and check the document called Translation.
Business Analytics, report, data source, field name missing, analysis, translation, wrong language, description missing, ID , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To