In some cases, you will need to filter data in an Integration Center job, based the following:
- A standard field, that is not filterable [filterable=false]
- A custom field, that was added to a standard entity / object
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SuccessFactors BizX
- Integration Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Attempt to filter Integration Center output based on a non-filterable standard field (e.g. Default Locale in User)
- Attempt to filter Integration Center output based on a custom field, that was added to a standard entity / object
- Filtering data based on standard / non-filterable fields and custom fields, added to standard entities / objects is not possible.
- This is a limitation of OData which extends to Integration Center.
There is a workaround that meet both above scenarios.
We can use the 'Calculated Filter' functionality available in Integration Center to:
- Filter Integration Center output based on a non-filterable / standard field
- Filter Integration Center output based on a custom field, that was added to a standard entity / object
Taking the standard / non-filterable field 'Default Locale' from the User entity as an example:
Perform the following:
Step 1: Add the desired (non-filterable / custom) field to the Configure Fields preview screen in Integration Center
Step 2: Navigate to Filter & Sort > Advanced Filters > Calculated Filter (Button)
Step 3: Choose the 'IF/Then/Else' operation and associate the field that we added in Step 1 - (Default Locale from User)
Step 4: Input the desired comparison & value (Default Locale from User is equal to en_GB)
Step 5: In the 'Then' step of calculation, leave field value blank (this well let the value pass through to the integration center job preview)
Step 6: In the 'Else' step of calculation, enter 'False' (this will stop undesired values from passing through to the job preview) & click 'Save
Output + Finished Calculation:
- You can apply use this workaround to filter on ONE field only
- This cannot be used to filter on multiple non-filterable / custom fields
Filter, Non-filterable, Custom fields, API, OData API, Integration Center, filterable=false , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , How To