- How to enable dynamic third-party content for the new Homepage custom tiles
- Dynamic tile type is not available when creating a custom tile
- Dynamic tile type is not available when editing an existing custom tile
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Manage Home Page > Add Custom Tiles (or pencil icon to edit an existing custom tile)
2. Fill in the initial mandatory fields (Title Name and Description) to skip step 1 (named General)
3. On step 2 (named Tile), the drop-down list Type does not show Dynamic option (only Static and/or Graphic)
This is an optional feature that must be enabled separately in your system.
Custom home page tiles can be set up to display dynamic content coming from a third-party application, such as an SAP Cloud Platform extension.
In order to have that option displayed on the "Type" drop-down list, within the Custom Tile Wizard, customers must enable the functionality first. To do so, please follow the steps below.
- Go to Admin Center > Platform Feature Settings;
- Select the Enable Homepage v3 Dynamic Custom Tiles checkbox;
- Save your changes.
After that, you can proceed to configure your custom tile to display dynamic third-party content. Please refer to the Custom Tiles guide for detailed instructions on how to create and maintain such tiles.
NOTE: For an user to access "Platform Feature Settings", they must be a super-administrator or have been granted "Platform Feature Settings" access permissions by a super-administrator.
Also, it is important to hightlight that URL that should be placed into those fields Origin and Path, it will be your Third Party system should provide. Into the Origin Field you should place the URL that will be doing the authentication between the Dynamic Tile and Third Party, also the Path is regarding where the content is placed inside of the Third Party.
custom tile, custom tiles, dynamic, third-party content, homepage v3, dynamic tile , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-TIL , Custom Tile/Card Issues , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem