- Crystal Reports crash.
- After a successful installation, Crystal Reports crash.
- When launching Crystal Reports, it crash with the error: "Crystal Reports has stopped working"
- The details of the errr shows "crw32.exe" as the unloadable application.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
Install Crystal Reports.
- Start Crystal Reports, and it crash right away with the error: "Crystal Reports has stopped working"
- MS Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is turned on for all programs, which prevent Crystal Reports to start.
- In MS Windows, add Crystal Reports to the list of exception when the MS Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is turned on for all programs.
- Steps to change DEP varies depending on the version of MS Windows used. Below are steps for MS Windows 10:
- Start Microsoft File Explorer.
- In the left pane, right click on "This PC", and select "Properties"
- In the "System" window, in the left pane, click on "Advanced system settings"
- In the "System Properties", select the tab: "Advanced"
- Under "Performance", click on the button: "Settings..."
- In"Performance Options", select the tab "Data Excecution Prevention"
- If the following option is checked: "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
Then click on the "Add" button.
- Navigate to the location of Crystal Reports installation, and select the file: crw32.exe
Note: The default installation folder for Crystal Reports is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
- Back in the "System Properties" click "OK"
crystal, crash, 2008, cr, install, crw32, exe, error, start, launch , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020