You have created a renewal rule for contracts, which extends the line items, but not release them.
- The renewal rule works for the first renewal, but the second renewal does not work.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Open the Sales Order workcenter.
- Select the Contracts view.
- Open contract ABC (ABC represents the contract ID).
- Open the Items tab.
- You can see that the renewal task created the first renewal, but not the second.
The renewal task does not automatically release the item, which is renewed, unless it is set up in the renewal rule.
- When the first renewal is processed, the line item 20 in contract ABC is created in status In Preparation.
- The renewal task for the next renewal is only created at the time, when you release line item 20.
- If the item is released after the next proposed renewal, the renewal task is not created.
This is the expected system behavior.
- The system checks that the validity status is Active for the released line item, before the task is created.
- If the release of the line item is after the expiration point of that line item, the item is released with validity Expired.
- In this case the renewal task is not created, as the validity condition is not fulfilled.
Make sure that you release the line items before the actual expiration of the line item to have the renewal tasks triggered.
Contract, Renewal, Rule, Task, Validity, Release, Vertrag, Erneuerung, Regel, Aufgabe, Validität, Freigabe , KBA , AP-CCP-CC , Customer Contract , Problem