You would like to add a barcode in form templates using the Adobe LifeCycle Designer.
For it, a background knowledge is necessary from the partner/user side to proceed with the advanced settings around this scenario, using Adobe LifeCycle Designer (ALD).
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
In this example, we will use as reference an Opportunity Form Template.
With the actions below we will summarize the steps to be followed to update a form template with a barcode provided using the data maintained in an extension field.
- In Opportunity create and add an extension field (for example shot text) on the opportunity header, that will be used to create the barcode.
- In the extension field created go to Field Definition properties and go to tab Form Templates to assign the extension field in the form.
- Go to Business Flexibility> Form Template Maintenance.
- Select the Template that you desire to edit (in this example, Opportunity Template – Language English).
- Download this form template. This action will save a *.zip file in your computer. Open it with Adobe LifeCycle Designer (ALD).
- Update the form template main schema to guarantee that the extension field path will be available to binding.
- In Insert>Barcodes select the type of code that you will use. Binging the value of the code with the extension field.
- Save the changes and upload the template to the system.
Now, if your form template selection is correct according the Country and Language, you will be able to see the barcode when preview your document.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
KBA , AP-RC-OUT , Output Management , How To