- Application is in a disqualification status.
- Candidate deletes profile on external career site or Delete Candidate Profile is used, Candidate Profile is anonymized but the application remains in the system.
- Application states "marked for anonymization".
- Application anonymization flag equals "marked for anonymization by candidate delete/admin".
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a candidate profile and apply for a requisition.
- Recruiter moves the application to a disqualification status.
- As a candidate, delete your profile on the external career site.
- Confirm candidate profile was anonymized (via scheduled job in provisioning).
- Confirm application was not anonymized and remains “marked for anonymization.
It is expected behavior that the application will not be anonymized alongside the candidate profile because the application was already moved to a disqualification status by the recruiter. The application is already dispositioned and will not be moved to the status - "Deleted on Demand by Candidate"/"Deleted on Demand by Admin".
- The application will remain in the system as per the customer's configuration of data retention management or data retention time management. In the case of DRM, this will also include the criteria of Legal Minimum Obligation Period defined in the customer's instance.
- It is recommended that customers include in their Data Privacy Consent Statement that in scenarios such as this, applications will be retained in the system even after candidate profile has been anonymized. Unsuccessful or disqualified applications are retained to ensure that a record is kept that the application was rejected fairly and not due to a bias.
- It is recommended the DPCS statement includes which data will not be purged and for how long the data will be retained.
Note: Please note that the system will look for these 2 conditions in this type of scenario: the retention period should be configured in Manage Data (but the purge rules does not need to be run) and RCM entity anonymization job should be running.
To avoid this scenario in the future, please see a possible recommendation here.
deleted on demand by candidate, disqualification status, not purged, RCMEntityAnonymization, retained. , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem