You try to set as Mandatory a field (standard, KUT and PDI) bound to a row, however, this property is missing.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Open Account XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Account).
- Click on Adapt --> Edit Master Layout.
- Go to the Address facet.
- Select an address and, under Details section, try to set a field as mandatory.
- You will notice that the mandatory option is missing for all the fields under this section.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
If a field is bound to a row of a table, the mandatory will not work on all the table items.
When you have data that is not present all the time (know as Lazy Loading), the Mandatory Check will not be allowed (in the case of tables, for example, when you enter data).
Thus, the marking as mandatory option was disable for this scenario.
This is the standard behavior of the system.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
1. If you are a partner: please use firstname.lastname@example.org or the Partnerfinder
2. If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer
This also occurrs for other fields bounded to table, e.g. fields under Products inside a Ticket:
Mandatory; Property; Missing; Not Available; Table; Field; , KBA , account , address , mandatory , accounts address field mandatory , AP-RC-UIF-RT , UI Framework Runtime , How To