You have executed a GR/IR Run in update mode, which cleared Unbilled Payables, Purchase in Transit and may have also posted any potential differences to concerned G/L Account.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to GR/IR Clearing Run view.
- Create a new GR/IR in update mode with relevant selection parameters.
After executing the run, you wish to reverse its postings.
The GR/IR run cannot be reversed once executed in update mode. The results of the clearing run depend on the period for which it is executed:
If you specify the current period for the run, the system uses the current date as the run date. This date is also the posting date for the run. The run processes all data up to and including the selected date. If you start the run for a prior period, the run date is automatically the last day of that period. This date is also the posting date for the run. The run processes all data up to and including the run date.
The postings made by the run to unbilled payables, purchase in transit and differences account would be reversed only if the source document (e.g. invoice, goods receipt) are reversed and a subsequent run executed.
You create a purchase order, goods receipt and invoice receipt:
- Goods Receipt JE (Journal Entry) credit Unbilled Payables.
- Invoice Receipt JE debits Purchases in Transit.
- You then execute a GR/IR run, which clears the accounts by debiting Unbilled Payables and crediting Purchases in Transit.
At this stage, the GR/IR executed in update mode cannot be reversed, only if the source documents are also reverse the entries would be adjust accordingly:
- Post a cancellation invoice, which reverses the debit in the Purchase In Transit from original invoice
- Post a cancellation goods receipt, which reverses the credit in the Unbilled Payables account from original goods receipt.
- Run GR/IR again.
This run, after the documents were canceled, credits the Unbilled Payables and Debits Purchase In Transit.
GR/IR. Reversal. Goods Receipt/Invoice Receipt. Clearing Run. , KBA , AP-ACC-GIR , Goods Receipt Invoice Receipt Clearing Run , How To