The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
In a some table layout, creating new dimension members causes other dimensions to show unbooked data even when Option "Show Unbooked members" is disabled.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.20.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a planning model with at least two versions. Create another dimension Product.
- Fill one version with data and leave the other one empty
- Create a story table based on the model.
- Use Product and Version as rows, and Time as column. Product must come before Version.
- Make sure unbooked data is disabled in all dimensions
- Click on one of the Product dimension members and create a new member
- When a new member is created, unbooked data is enabled in the Version dimension.
This is the behavior by design.
The longer explanation is as follows:
Once you added a new member it will obviously not have data. Thus in case your table setup shows only member with data (unbooked = off) you would not see this new member. Thus we need to do something special to make this member visible. This is the new line which you see after you created the new dimension on an inner dimension. For this new line to be created we need to know all member of all dimension on this line. Thus for an inner dimension (right most for rows), this combination is (a) clear after you added the new member and (b) it is exactly one combination. Adding a member on an inner dimension is different since the members of the other dimension are in general more than one. The only option we saw - at the development time - was to switch on unbooked for this case.
Please note that in the first implementation we switch on unbooked for all cases. Thus what you see - I consider - is an improvement already.
However, development team has plans to improve this behavior. The situation is not easy though, thus we cannot give a detailed roadmap and outlook right now.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , How To