You want to scrap a Migrated Fixed Assets with value 0.00 and notice that the 'Deactivation Date' field is grayed out.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Assets view.
- Select the Fixed Assets sub view.
- Show All Fixed Assets and search for the ID: XXX (XXX stands for the ID of the Fixed Assets).
- Select the button Edit > Migration.
Under the 'Migration' tab, and here under the 'Posted Values' header, the button 'Reverse Migration' is grayed out.
- Select the button Manual Postings > Complete Scrapping.
- Select the button Simulate.
Error message: Fixed asset XXX cannot be scrapped.
- Select the Master Data tab.
- Select the Life Cycle Data sub tab.
The Deactivation Date field is grayed out and you cannot edit it.
The Deactivation Date field is grayed out because the migration is open for Fixed Assets.
To edit the Deactivation Date field and be able to scrap the migrated Fixed Assets, you need to disable the migration for Fixed Assets.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Show All Configuration Elements, search and open the Activity 'Disable Data Migration per Object'.
- For Fixed Assets, untick the Enable box.
- Select Save.
Now, you are able to edit the 'Deactivation Date' field of the migrated Fixed Asset.
- This way of editing the 'Deactivation Date' field only applies to migrated Fixed Assets.
- 'Deactivation Date' changes the status of the Fixed Asset to Retired. If you still have a Value on it, you need to do a Manual Posting.
1984584 - How to Set the Deactivation Date for Migrated Fixed Assets
Deactivation Date, Migrated Fixed Assets, Fixed Asset Scrapping, Immobilisation Migrée, Mise au rebut d'immobilisation. , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Problem