- You need to import MDF objects which trigger an approval workflow for many users at the same time.
- Import is successful, rule runs as per the rule trace but no workflow is triggered
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Import and Export Data
- Select Generic Object, correct attachment and required fields to import
- Validate and Import
- Note the data in the CSV file imports successfully, OnSave/Inialize business rules configured on the object run as per the rule trace however workflow does not trigger
- This is expected behavior. Within the MDF framework it is currently not possible to trigger the workflow via import, whether it be assigned via a business rule and or on object level.
- In Employee Central this functionality is supported for a small number of standard elements, and not all EC elements.
- In MDF import the workflows will be ignored.
- If this is a function of the custom MDF framework you would like to see in the future I would recommend you create an enhancement request
If you read KBA 2090228 it explains how to submit the request, furthermore it goes to a product manager as they do not monitor support incidents but rather they look at our Customer Community.
MDF, Import, Workflow, Not Triggered, Not Triggering , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-WFL , Custom Object based Workflows , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , Import and Export Issues , Problem